Hello, and welcome to my blog!
I love a good story. Whether it’s suspenseful, sweet, or fantastical. I love exploring new worlds and points of view through stories.
In college, I studied Journalism and wrote for my University’s newspaper. I went on to work as a Public Relations writer and editor in the corporate world for several years. That background gave me lots of experience in having red lines slashed through my words with suggestions on how to improve things. I’m a firm believer that everybody benefits from an editor. 🙂
I’m currently revising my second novel – a MG speculative fiction titled, Maggie Stone and the Spore King.
Seven Random Facts:
- Hardly anything has touched me and made me feel alive like a good book.
- When I was little, I had a crush on Destro (GI Joe villain) and dreamed about being Agent Scarlet.
- In the above dream, Scarlet could also turn into a My Little Pony at will. Anytime second grade got tough, I was flying out of there, headed to the battlefield.
- I’m married, live in North Texas and am a mom to three noisy, adorable kids.
- As a teen, I played the drums (quite poorly) in an all-girl punk band. Consequently, that band never did anything more than jam in the members’ garages. Though a mixtape of our sessions is in existence somewhere…
- Anne of Green Gables put me on a lifelong quest for kindred spirits. And…“Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think.”
- I love nature. Bare trees in the winter. Planting flowers in the spring. When I’m stressed, there’s nothing like sitting outside and watching the clouds and the wind in the trees to calm me down.
TV shows and movies – Psych, Lost, Wayward Pines, Twelve Monkeys, The Scarlet Pimpernel, Poldark, The Office, Fringe
Books – Jane Eyre, Anne of Green Gables, The Giver, The House of the Scorpion, The Witch of Blackbird Pond, Hunger Games, Divergent, Shadow and Bone, Thirteen Reasons Why, Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes, The Girl of Fire and Thorns, All the Light We Cannot See, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Fever 1793, The Selection series, Rebecca, Persuasion, Legend, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, Lord of the Rings